Usual school day timetable
A typical day at West Park starts at 8.30am as children begin to arrive to School.
Children will often arrive at the school through a range of access points including Kipling Street by Johnsonville kindergarten, Kipling Street by the park, Broderick Road by the Girl Guide Hall, Broderick Road by the pedestrian crossing, or Broderick Road by the intersection of Truscott Avenue which is the main entrance to the school.
From 8.45am, the school patrol operates at two locations to assist children and the public to cross the road safely.
1. By the intersection of Truscott Avenue and Broderick Road; and
2. By the pedestrian crossing by the corner of Cortina Avenue and Broderick Road.
The school day then commences and typically comprises of the following:
- 9.00 -11.00 School classes start
- 11.00 – 11.20 Morning tea
- 11.20 – 12.45 School classes
- 12.45 – 1.45 Lunch
A bell will also ring at 12.50 to signal that children can now go play
During lunch, duty teachers will monitor children in some areas of the school.
If it is raining, children will remain in the classroom spaces.
- 1.45 – 2.45 School Classes
A bell will ring to indicate time for children to start cleaning up)
- 2.45 -3.00 School finishes
From 2.45pm to approximately 3.15pm, the school patrol operates again to assist children and the public cross the road as they leave school for the day.